March 26-29, 2012 • McEnery Convention Center, San Jose CA
Co-Located with ESC Silicon Valley.
UBM Electronics and UBM Canon Medical team up on DesignMED Live, and LaunchPad, a two-part, multi-media offering for electronics designers and developers involved in the design of medical electronics systems. The series includes a live conference and expo, and a special DesignMED LaunchPad that will deliver the mission critical content needed by key decision makers.
What is DesignMED?
Medical designers and developers, in their quest to drive innovation and bring their products to market, face many challenges and hurdles inherent in today’s medical electronics industry. From product development and design challenges to regulatory compliance and legal-IP protection issues, they must make mission critical decisions every day. Whether they are involved in the design and development of simple microcontroller- based thermometers or glucose meters or the very high-end MRI machine, designers of medical electronics face the same design decisions of their traditional embedded systems counterparts, but with one caveat-it can’t fail, ever. Failure puts lives in jeopardy.
The components of DesignMED are:
- DesignMED Live: A DESIGN West summit, located with ESC Silicon Valley: Conference: March 28, 2012; Expo: March 28 & 29, 2012.
- DesignMED LaunchPad: An editorially hosted, multi-sponsored site that allows you to showcase and distribute your new product information, technical content / resources, and marketing initiatives.
DesignMED at DESIGN West
The DesignMED conference program has two tracks:
- Track 1: Medical Electronics Design : Hardware and software issues specific to the medical community, including in-body systems, extreme low-power design,sensing and processing signals from living organisms, medical imaging, traceable development methodology, prototyping human/electronic systems, and Android in medical design.
- Track 2: Medical Electronics Regulatory Issues: Looks at the regulatory issues affecting designers (and investors) of medical devices and systems.
The DesignMED exhibit area is dedicated to medical design. Designers have the opportunity to network with vendors and industry experts, while getting all of their questions answered. Plus, there will be a live teardown of a medical device on March 27 in the DESIGN West Theater!
- Gain ultimate exposure with this cross-platform marketing opportunity
- Receive targeted, global access to focused design decision makers
- Alignment with award winning editorial content
- Immediate interaction with customers and prospects
- Reach an engaged audience of key decision makers within the medical electronics industry while they consume mission critical content in person, virtually and digitally
- DesignMED live delivers the power of face to face networking to your marketing program
Promotion for DesignMED live to include:
- Inclusion in dedicated DESIGN West promotions including emails, banner ads, newsletters, print ads, telemarketing, outdoor advertising and direct mail
- Multiple dedicated DesignMED email blasts to UBM Electronics & UBM Canon Databases
- DesignMED Banners on EE Times, EDN, MDDI
- DesignMED insertions in UBM Electronics and UBM Canon relevant newsletters
- Online postings and social media
Sponsorship: $15K for 6-month Multi-Touch Program
DesignMED live sponsorship includes:
- 1-Turnkey, 10' x 10' booth space with black drape back wall and side rail, installation and dismantle included. Carpet – black
- 1 - Standard ID sign with company name (text only)
- 1 - 6' Skirted table, 2- Standard chairs & 1- Wastebasket
- 1 - 500 watt electrical outlet (placed at the back of the booth)
- 100 lbs. Drayage credit
What are people saying about DesignMED?
"Hat's off to a great DesignMED event in Boston. Freescale set internal productivity goals for the event and we were able to meet or exceed them all. Traffic was high throughout both days and more impressively through the very end. Freescale benefited from the variety of venues offered from the presence at our booth, to a variety of presentations and to live product teardowns that also featured our technology. Thanks for a good show." — Freescale Semiconductor
"The pre-promotions and the signage at ESC pointing to the DesignMED exhibitors made it easy for medical device companies to find us at the show. This was extremely important to the overall success of the DesignMED section and allowed us to have more in depth conversations with worthwhile prospects." — Marketing Director, Integrity Business Unit, PTC
"We were very pleased with the customer interest we met at DesignMED 2011 in Boston. The well put together conference program attracted medical design engineers and the combination with the ESC Boston show floor brought in an additional audience. We are excited to see the DesignMED program gain broader traction as a resource for our medical customers, helping them to solve key design challenges they face every day." — Texas Instruments Medical